31 May 2011

Yarn-on.. lolz

Today a huge shipment of koigu yarn arrived at my local yarn shop (lys). The owner was so excited, stroking all the pretty skeins of yarn. It just popped out: " Honey, you've got a huge koigu yarn-on!"

Winterfi thought of that one: not a hard-on, knitters tend to get a yarn-on!

The shop owner laughed so loud I thought he was gonna die! We decided he couldn't twitter about it, since he is a "respectable" shop keeper..

I how however have no such boundaries :)

Also today I started the Ships and Seaside cowl I have been longing for. We formed a group of people who are going to make it this summer, it is called a knit-a-long: KAL!

We decided it would be a summer kal and your cowl should be finished by August 31st. We could start on june 1st.

"How could you have started today?" I hear you ask. Well, very simple. When I started today it was the first of June in New Zealand. Nobody said it had to be in your own timezone :) sniggers...

The first one (yes, you heard right) I will be making of Rowan Kid Classic.
I already have the yarn for a second one: Rowan kidsilk Haze.
And I figured I would do some serious stash-busting and make one out of the various shades of brown sockyarn I have: good one! That will be the Autumnal version.
I have enough sock yarn to make a Spring version as well.

For every cowl you make, you will get a lottery ticket for the end of KAL lottery. We can even win prizes: shake ya pompoms!

Will have to finish the shawl I'm making for the auction in there too, and the shawl I want to make for Roshni's wedding. It is a good thing this weekend is a long one because of the Christian holidays..


Oh, and I decided I can't buy any more yarn. It is ridiculous how much expensive yarn is just lounging around my house! So I went on Ravelry, put my whole stash on there with pics and for every yarn I found a pattern that I would make of that specific yarn. I was kinda proud. Only.. after that I went to the Lys to get yarn for Roshni's wedding shawl. Bought that, but that was allowed. But also bought another skein of Drops lace in a gorge pink color... Didn't need that... I'm really good at keeping my yarn habit in check.. NOT! In my defense: the yarn was on sale and today was the last day of the sale.



But now I have to work at diminishing that stash before I can buy more! There: I said it and I will keep to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment