26 May 2011

I'm singing in the .... wind

This morning started with glorious sunny weather, I even rode my bike to school without wearing a jacket.
When I got home it had started to drizzle, and in the course of he afternoon the wind picked up quite fiercely.

I hear you think: "wasn't this a blog about the nice things of your day?"

Well, thats the kicker... I love fierce winds blowing around the house. Living close to the sea and water it means we can get some pretty big storms here in Hoorn. Granted, nothing like those nasty tornado's which recently destroyed quite a few lives in the USA.

Growing up we lived adjacent to the dike of the IJsselmeer. My room was in the attic, and I would bury myself under the blankets and listen to the wind blow over. It always gave me a really relaxed feeling. I also like going to the beach during storms, I love walking in the spray of the waves and ducking your head in your coat, feeling the wind whip your hair around.



I always feel like the wind is blowing everything clean, like a big broom cleaning the world. Everything smells nice and fresh as soon as it is over.

So right now I'm sitting on a pile of cushions with a blankey listening to the wind blow. And I love it!

This afternoon was spend in one glorious Lush fest. I had a cupcake facemask and some hahu.. ...weird name hair-mask. My skin feels uber clean and my hair is all shiny and soft. And I've spend half of the day knitting and watching tv in my PJ's. And I did my nails and decided that as soon as the tax refund comes I will make an appointment with the pedicurist, cos my feet need to be summer ready.

It is a comfy lowkey sort of day, which does wonders for your spirit every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment