24 May 2011

Unexpected fun

Today I went to the medical officer and he thought it would be good to start teaching again, like I proposed. I miss the kids and I feel kind of useless at work at the moment, to be frank.

He just said that he thought it would be wise to start with a low number like 3 and add 2 or 3 lessons every week. That way when we hit the summer holiday I will be teaching half of my schedule.

I was afraid that my boss would object because he would rather have me teach my entire load when summer holiday starts. But he just said okay, that's fine and went on with his day. SPLENDID!

So I will have loads of time to find my new way in life and in working. So far my boss and superiors have been quite giving in the situation. Bonus points for them..

After work I had an accidental meet up in the streets with one of my new colleagues. We were chatting and, quite frankly, gossiping in the sun. I like those moments where you can really connect to a person, and to boot it was unplanned so it really felt like a present: thank you Kathrin!

Then after yoga I got another present: a great big bouquet of peonies! My old couch was picked up by yet another colleague. We had to wiggle and turn to get the couch out and on the car, but we did it in the end. He also took my two tea tables so now I have a really big living room :)

But Friday morning my NEW couch will come! Yay for that! Internet pic of upcoming couch:

So this message has been typed in bed with lots and lots of pillows! Not bad, not bad at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment