16 May 2011

Wild knitting or yarn bombing

Today it rained. For the first time in months. Nature needed a drink for sure. Right now there is a chorus of birds giving the most beautiful concert outside my window. Bet they needed the drink as well and are now singing for the blessed rain.



I slept trough my alarm this morning and came to work half an hour late. Too boot I had to ride my bicycle through the biggest rain shower of the day. I guess I had my punishment right there and then. Luckily nobody at work gave me a hard time over it; there are some good things about being seen as "fragile" after all.

I went over to the break room again for both breaks and people are now starting to ask me things. I can explain better so I had some nice chats with some friendly co-workers. I also found out that some of my classes are transferred to co workers so the pressure is off I guess. That felt nice, to be truthful.


Today I found evidence of some wild knitters at work in my home town. I have to admit I'm a pretty tame knitter, on the couch making wearable stuff. But these people found a way to brighten up some nasty iron gates perched in the harbour. The docking had a landslide the past winter, it has been fenced of ever since. I applaud the wild knitters and crocheters who have done a fab job on cheering up that fence. CHEER!

No comments:

Post a Comment