09 May 2011

Floating, dreaming.

Today at work I decided I could have go to the coffee room in the break. It was unnerving and I couldn't process everything happening around me. People are unsettled by my state of mind.

Still I was very proud of doing it. I went there, sat there, had a chat and survived.

When I got home the road at the back of my house was blocked. Neighbours are adding an extra floor to their house. It is a joy to watch, a giant crane is lifting the building blocks into place and all the walls will be up today. How exciting for the people who are gonna live there. It is coming together before my eyes. Like a giant construction box: DIY house. Like playing with lego but on a huge scale.

After I left school I went to the supermarket, they had a lot of new stuff and I took my sweet time to really inspect some of it. Some nice things found their way into my basket along the way. Supermarket trip becomes fairy wonderland, that is how it felt.

I bought Evi Vine's cd from iTunes today. It is gorgeous and dreamy and makes me feel like I'm floating my life.



Last week I didn't get into that Pippi Longstocking phase, work is what instigates it. Maybe it takes so much of me that afterwards the floatiness feeling kicks in to counter the harsh bits. Like a survival mechanism. I like it, makes me feels like a child in wonder of her own life. Joy in the small things like finding the last easter bunny chocolate in the discount bin...

No comments:

Post a Comment