07 May 2011

Strange days..Fun days...

Sometimes the day doesn't give you what you expected of it. Today I tried to embrace the weird turn of events.

At 7.30, yes 7.30 on a saturday, four men came into the backyard that my tiny appartement overlooks, they build some scaffolding and started to paint all the window frames! When I peeped my head out of the window my downstairs neighbour smiled at me and said: "surprise"!

So in one day they sanded, primed and painted all the window sill upstairs and downstairs. They did the same with my balcony doors and fence. They also did the shed (4 doors, a garage door and two dividing doors). My God they were like a hurricane of splendidness! Now everything looks shiny and new, happy, happy, happy.


At one point I had to leave the house ( couldn't handle the radio which was playing only Dutch music), so I went to feed the ducks. One of the ducks came so close I could put the bread in her mouth! She was at my feet... so cute.

When I walked past a few stately chestnut trees they were blossoming. I never really knew how pretty those blossoms look because I always rush by. Chestnut trees are cool. They look like big old grumpy men with their huge leaves. I love the leafs in autumn and then of course the chestnuts themselves with their armour with spikes! I took one blossom home and made a pretty picture:

It looks so frail and frayed, I love the pink middle of the petals and the bended stems. It is nice to take the time to really look at something.


After the workmen left at about four o'clock, I got an extreme case of cleaning. I dusted and vacuumed and mopped the floor and changed the bedding! Okay everything was dusty and the men kept walking in and out of my house and bedroom, but...
NO All Shall Be Cleaned! Must be a women's thing. Or it is part of my wackiness, that's totally possible too.

Took a nice shower made a great salad with avocado and cress. Nice day all in all...


OH, I bought a "furminator" comb for Mika. She loves it! It is this heavy looking comb with small blades in it. It cuts the fleecy bit but not the top hairs. The fleecy bit is what makes these nasty "dust bunnies" floating around the house this time of year. And Mika looks nice and shiny and content. Look how much fur came out:

No comments:

Post a Comment