22 May 2011

Lost time

Hmmmm, lovely day today simply doing what I feel like!

After getting up, hitting the shower and washing my hair with the ridiculously expensive Tony and Guy Shampoo ( but ah, it smells so nice) I got on my bike, using the wind as a blowdryer.

There was a flea market nearby so that was my intended destination. But I also swung by the bicycle repair shop to use their electric tire pump. I know: lazy and I have been meaning to get that done for over a week, always forgetting..
AND I brought all the glass bottles to the recycling bin. Also been forgetting about that for quite some time. So by that point I was feeling pretty good about myself.

The flea market was fun. I bought some stoneware cups with a lovely autumnal motive on them. Searched for a timble with an owl on it, but was unable to find it. That will be my next mission. But I started out looking for little tea spoons with nice motives to make a necklace out of it.

This I have to explain I guess.
When I was a littling we had this show called " vrouwtje theelepel": little miss teaspoon. She had a magical teaspoon that could turn her small and grant all kind of wishes. But what I liked most of all of that show is that miss teaspoon had the most fun outlook on live. Nothing was a problem; anything was a reason for having fun. She also saw the good in everyone. She was a bit of a cookie I suppose.



Well the last few weeks I decided I had lost that part of myself; my cookieness. Call it my Pippi Longstockings side, call it anything..
I call it my "vrouwtje theelepel" side. And I need to remember that not only is that the person that I am, but it also makes me a good person at hart. And I want / need to be that person no matter what other people think.

To make that thought more solid I decided I needed a teaspoon necklace. I found a tiny teaspoon, a pretty flowery one with holes in it (that one will be worn tomorrow), so mission accomplished! But I also found while rummaging around: five flowery tiny forks, a childrens spoon with a squirrel on it and a bigger flowery spoon, I think it is a dessert spoon. Great finds those!

When I got home I vacuumed the house, did the dishes, cleaned the catlitter and took out the trash. All things I had decided could be done tomorrow (manjana), but did today! Then I churned out a knitted hat, not sure how I like it yet, it is blocking now, and watched some cookery shows.

All in all a pretty good day... Oh and I met up with some people I knew on the market, one also called Marieke and they had this great pillow for sale which will look great on my new couch arriving friday and she GAVE it to me! LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment