14 May 2011

Sleep, blissful sleep.

Today I slept. Like a little bear in hibernation.



I know my body, after surgery and when I'm sick I sleep. That is how my body heals. The last couple of weeks since starting meds there are days when I sleep. It could be a side effect of the meds, but I truly believe it is my body recovering from all the stress hormones.

So I embrase the healing properties of my body and soul, and give in to the all encompassing sleep which comes over me sometimes. Like today.
I woke up quite early, about 8.30. Had a lovely showers, washed my hair and had some breakfast. Did not take the half of Oxazepam in the morning. My doc wants me to gradually stop with that one.
Went to the market with mom and bought some great peonies. Dark pink and soft pink. They look great, they look so tender and yet are so strong. Then I talked my hairdresser in cutting my bangs for free. And when I came home I had an headache and wanted to lie down. That was around one. Spend some time looking at the clouds, looking for cloud figures. I saw some running horses, an owl, a red panda, some skeletons and a phoenix. After that I fell asleep, to wake around five to a grumpy Mika staring at me because I was at least an hour late to filling her bowl.

Watched Greys anatomy while eating, and some other shows.

All in all a slow day, but good. If I lie down now I will sleep some more. But I know my body and spirit are healing and that is a good feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment