08 May 2011

Meet Mika!

Can't believe it took me a whole week to talk about my precious roommate: Mika.



Mika is a fuzzy wuzzy cat who I "rescued" out of the pound. She was born in a home with about 50 cats and 15 dogs. When the humane society took them all she was about one year old, never touched by humans and covered in a skin-bacterial infection. So she had to be shaved and rubbed with cream every day. When I met her she was shy to the bone and not very socialized. From my end it was instant love!
The first three weeks she stayed under the bookcase only to come out at night to eat. After those first three weeks she started to sleep in my bed at night, never to leave again.


Now, four years on she is the most fabulous loving kitty in the world. Still horribly shy but more social. She will never be a lapcat but she wakes me every day with a loud purr and head nudges. She always greets me by the door when I come home and snuggels up to me on the couch. She found in those years that she really loves to be petted and scratched.


When I was first taking my medication I was really dizzy all the time. One sunday evening as I was taking out the trash she followed me down the stairs to keep an eye on me. She never goes down the stairs she is scared shitless of the street sounds!

She is my soulmate in every way and we chat a lot between the two of us, especially when I am doing the dishes. She is a bit wack but maybe that is why we are so compatible. She is not the brightest of the bunch but neither am I. She is socially akward, as am I....

I love her sooooo much and spoil her rotten. There are weeks that I am eating bread and she still gets the good food. She is the ultimate couch diva! She knows she's pretty...


No comments:

Post a Comment