03 May 2011

Living history in the sun


Today I was supposed to go shopping with mom and sil. But my nephew was sick so the trip with Cindy (sil) was cancelled. Which sucked for her, sitting at home with a sick child instead of going on your birthday shopping spree...

I took mom to the "zuiderzeemuseum" instead. That is a GREAT open air museum in Enkhuizen, 20 minutes by train from our hometown Hoorn.

Mom actually remembered a lot of the things, like cooking on a petroleum burner and the gardens and the farm buildings. For me it was fun to hear her speak about these things from her early childhood.



The museum is gorgeous and worth the visit if you happen to find yourself in that little spot of our globe.


The sun was shining but the wind was blowing fierce and cold, even so,  it was nice to walk around in the sun and imagine life 100 years ago.

The life my grandmother lived.

Gained some great pics and lovely stories from mom and her memories of my grandparents.

Bliss...









Mom always takes the best pictures of me...





No comments:

Post a Comment