21 May 2011

All over the place..

The sun was shining today! Good, I like it when the sun shines, those day are better instantly :)

I got up late, slept in, but Mika decided it was feeding time by ten so I got up.

When I started up my computer I saw the deer antler hat arrived in Australia! Look at the cute pic Nicole send me:

I always forget the seasons are the other way around down under. Look at them glorious autumn leaves, pretty! The hat looks pretty on her and I am really glad I got to make it for her.

Went to the market, bought very pretty roses this week. Every Saturday I buy myself flowers. Always spend around five euro's so it's not a lot of money. When I was a student I promised myself that when I would "grow-up" and have a steady income I would buy myself flowers every week. It is one of the highlights of my week. Looking at the glorious stall full of fragrant and pretty flowers, and being able to pick what I like. Fortunately I love roses and tulips and they don't cost that much at the market stall.

Since living in this house, I started a herb garden every year from seed on my window sill. This year I was lazy and just filled a few plastic pots with compost. After that I emptied a packet of seed in each and every one of them.
Other years I would put a seed in these teeny cardboard planters and plant them out later. Nothing survived the planting out ever...

So this year every seed I had went in and my plastic little greenhouse was filled to the brim. Pretty soon everything began growing and growing and growing! The lathyrus seeds never ever propagated and this years they are all over the place!



Today the last seedlings were let out of the greenhouse, that got stored in the shed for another year. But look now:

On my balcony the Lathyrus is teeming and the mixed salad pot will get eaten pretty soon (looking forward to that)



The window sill has basil, dill, koriander, parsley, leeks and mint! Wow! All I need in the kitchen at the ready.



In the planter outside there is oregano, thyme and something I have forgotten what.



And then there is this great plant that when I grew up got to know as the chinese lamp plant: it will get these pretty orange bells in the fall. I love how the leaves look now, they follow the sunlight during the day!



Yes, my plant babies did good this year: well done honeyz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment