05 May 2011

Roses are red... My hair is red, the weird device at the optician is red.

Today started good! I slept in till about ten 'o clock. Then I dyed my hair. It took two packages of dye, that's how long my hair is getting. That first day the color is gorge!


At about noon I had an appointment at the optician. I wear night contacts, that way my vision is excellent all day long. They are life savers 'cos for the life of me I wasn't able to wear neither soft nor hard lenses and my glasses just looked ugh on me. Every 6 months I have a check up. This time my left eye has gotten better! So my next set of lenses are "lighter". I did know your eyes don't get worse while wearing night contacts, but I didn't know they even good get better! Mister optician said it hasn't been proven but he sees it happen more often. Yay for my left eye! YAY!
I always like the check ups because of the cool devices they use on my eyes. One of these gadgets makes a map of the contour of your eyes. The thing looks like something from a Burton movie. All black and red circles and a blinking green one in the middle. It always makes me giggle when they use it. They must think I'm kinda weird over there....

And then! Then you can see your eye magnified on the computer screen and it looks like a map of some mountain with all the height colors and such! Did I say I like these check ups? I also like to see x-rays from my body... ooooh, those are my bones! Cool! I once even saw one of my brain, I should have asked a copy of that one, that one was mayor cool!

Then I went to the fish monger and chatted about salmon trout and "farmed fish" with the fish monger. He is cool, he looks like one of those old school fisher man with a beanie tucked up at the front. I always wait to be helped by him. He knows everything!

Sometimes I ask him stuff I have never heard of out of cookery books. Yesterday I bought two (yes TWO) Jamie Oliver cookbooks. Mr Oliver has made me a more adventurous cook, he uses some forgotten or simply unknown ingredients. He is to blame when I ask the fish monger about some obscure fish and the butcher for pieces of meat he has to prepare for me... "I'll have it for you tomorrow dearie, what you gonna make?" So thank you mister Oliver for making me a more adventurous cook. Today I made salmon-trout swedish style and I even liked the spinach. I never like spinach..

After the fish monger I bumped into Ina and she made me coffee and chatted about the trip to Paris she made this weekend. And she gave me apple pie. Note to self: NEVER eat apple pie again! It makes you sick every time!

By then it was about 2.30 and I went home and cleaned the toilet and the basin. I don't like doing that but I like the result. I also did the dishes and then I flopped down in front of the telly for some knitting.

Good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment