27 June 2011

Tropical warmth; I love it!

A slight breeze is blowing past my legs while I lie on the couch typing. Someone is having a bbq and the smell is wafting into my house. There is chatter on the streets and people are laughing. Life is going a little more slow than usual. In here it's 27 degrees, out there somewhere in the 30's.

And I'm loving it! Slouching around in slippers and a skimpy dress doing nothing much and nobody complains! I had an hour between classes today and went to the supermarket to get ice cream for the kids because it was darn hot in my classroom on the second floor with a flat roof. I bought my personal favorite: raketjes!



The kids were stoked and they even did their work. Class 2A had only sixteen students so I asked the head-teacher if i could teach on the field next to the parking lot the last period. His remark? Do as you please dearie... So I took the kids out. They didn't do that much but it was fun and they felt like "weird" misses Wenning was the bomb today. It was fun lying around on the grass beneath a tree. I did teach about the EU but the kids didn't do their assignments and I couldn't care less. They will catch up in the next class or do it at home. It will be fine..... And I liked being in the field and standing there talking to them about how the EU came into existence. I felt like one of those field-priechers you sometimes see in pictures of "them olden days".

That is what I like about good weather in Holland. We don't get that much so when it happens everybody enjoys it to the max! And I like raketjes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment