02 June 2011

Friends and family

I have never spend as much time in churches as in the last two days.
Growing up between an atheist and a buddhist, being schooled at a catholic school, my interpretation of religion is somewhat... eclectic.
But I like churches and I like rituals from whatever religion they may come.

Today I was invited to Jamal's First Holy communion. He is the son of my good friend Monique and I adore both of her kids. It was an honor to be invited. The church was packed and the songs were joyful and easy to understand, which is nice in my book.



Afterward we were invited at Monique's for lunch. Mo is from Suriname so lunch means Sotosoup, Bami, Chicken, Pom, rice and all the trimmings! Good!

Djina and me left about three and were given a tub full of food for tomorrow! YAY!
We left because we wanted to go see the new movie " the hangover 2" in Amsterdam. I was so nice to spend time with Djina, she really "gets" me, even when I am almost delirious, I love her for that.

The movie was good! I laughed so loud I have a headache now. It is silly in so many ways, but it put a smile on my face. Afterwards we went for a quick dinner in the Chinatown: Zeedijk. We had some chinese food and I tried to teach Djina how to eat with chopsticks. She did a pretty great job! The food was good as was the company. But we each had a big tub of popcorn in the theater so we didn't eat that much...



And a silly pic of me and Jamal, we always do that: for every serious picture we take a silly one. I have to say the silly ones are getting better and better and this is my favorite right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment