18 June 2011

Cultural phenomona

Yesterday was excellent! Got home about one in the morning so that is why I am writing this now..

I had the last day of the coaching course I was taking: I got another certificate: nice!
My best friend Mariska was in the same course with me, and we spend a great day together :)

We saw an advertisement in the papers with all the concerts that were on that day and decided it would be time to go out. In the end we choose a concert in the Melkweg of a band we had hardly heard from: Enter Shikari.

We had a quick meal at Cafe Amsterdam (great french fries!) and then did our make-up. We had so much fun and put on way too much and I teased my hair beyond recognition. We looked good! I was wearing this sparkly dress I nicked from Maris her collection and she had on the skinniest skirt evah!



The concert was a lot of fun, not because of the music although that was satisfying in it's own. But the Moshpits were a sublime spectacle!!!

People were not only dancing into each other, but making whirlpools, and some were "fighting" in the crowd. We were on the balustrade so we had a great view on the happenings on the floor. I felt like a cultural antrepologist watching the spectacle. During the songs they were fighting and as soon as the song ended they hugged it out! Each and everyone who fell was picked up. The crowd surfers were safely guided to the front and everybody seemed to be having a great time! I was mesmerized.. I think I could make a great documentary about the "brotherhood of the moshpit".
But I would never dare to enter that pit myself! I can't imagine that no-one had to visit the ER after that concert! People were jumping off the balcony, that was sooooo scary! One guy even got arrested afterwards. Years ago a girl broke her neck during a Pearl Jam concert! Afterwards crowd surfing was forbidden in a lot of places. That is why I was surprised at first to see it again. But in this case the pit and surfing was very interesting and was even worth paying the ticket for the concert! Which was about twenty euros so very acceptable..



I had a great day with my best friend and felt really good biking my way to central station. I think I had a huge smile on my face! The thing is.. everybody is nice when you feel that way and I got some nice remarks by men also..

Great day all in all, great indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment