06 June 2011

BBQ dreamers

Mika is chasing a fly, it is so ubercute! I have to add to that: she is wee bit dorky lookin' when chasing stuff, especially when she is ready to pounce the fly, she gets so excited she miauws...
Dumby kitty, fly will know your "tell" soon enough that way...

It rained so hard today, the roof over my bedchamber (good word that: bedchamber) started leaking. But the upstairs neighbour wasn't home so I couldn't get on the roof. I posted a freakout message on facebook and my downstairs neighbour saw it! Took out his big badass ladder and climbed to the roof. All the drainage was either blocked or shifted.
   Waddayaknow... knitting needles are also great for unblocking drainage pipes :)
In just a few minutes Dave fixed everything and we could actually hear the water rushing trough the pipes. Leaking in house stopped soon thereafter! What a great neighbour no?

At about five I went to a BBQ with friends, a few of them I hadn't seen in a loooong time, mostly because I'm not that good at making appointments. But is was really good to chat with them again, I found that I missed Marc in my life, so I should mail him more often to have some fun!
Now I smell of wood-fire smoke, because the best thing about a BBQ is that you make a fire in it afterwards.
I always kinda like that smell. It makes me feel woodsy and wild, like someone from another era or story.

When I rode my bike home I was listening to daydreamers by Stephanie Dosen, I started swerving like a kid to the music.
I felt so alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment