30 June 2011

And what was good about today..

Today I only had to teach two classes and one was moved into the morning so I had the whole afternoon off!
When I spotted that yesterday I decided I would go to Amsterdam and see the new Pirates movie and do some shopping. None yarn related shopping.

I went to the American Book Centre and bought the new Sookie Stackhouse novel ( I know they are like the old fashioned romance novels: raunchy, I like reading the sex scenes, at least I dare to admit it..) and a horror novel. And the new vogue magazine, cos I'm a girly girl.



Then I went to see the new Pirates movie everybody warned me about. And yes, it wasn't that good. But I liked the clothing and the fight scenes and sets. And I didn't have to pay because I had a ticket on my cinema-pass. Would I recommend it to other people? No! I'm really sorry to say it but this is in the category "downloads when on dvd". It became to much of a kiddy movie for me..

Than I tried on a bunch of dresses in my two fave stores (sissy-boy and Noanoa) and didn't buy anything. But I did buy A LOT of groceries in the Chinese Supermarket on the Zeedijk. Especially finding the kimchi dimsum in the freezer made me very happy. I took a lot of different frozen dim sum, stuff I didn't even know what it was, and had some great finds. One was rice wrapped in leaves with pork, shrimps and chinese sausage filling. It was really good and made a meal in itself. So good one on that shopping trip. And I came home happy, so I would say mission accomplished.

Listened to the soundtrack of Amelie in the train, it takes me to another more mellow plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment