24 June 2011

I love me some horror!

Today I saw a few pretty good movies and one so crappy I didn't finish it!

Supercrap: Britisch movie Chatroom, boring, same concepts keeps on returning, not for me.

GOOOD: The adjustment bureau, not horror but freaky and nice all the same. I wonder why I never heard of it before because I really liked it. Most of all the decor I think, they used a lot of stately buildings and doors for this one and that was really attractive viewing.



Not too sure: Insidious. Wanted to see that one for a loooooooong time. I liked the first hour, when the suspense was building. After that they showed everything! I like my horror a more "gothic" in the literal sense of the word. In classic literature the gothic genre does not show and tell all, the not knowing, the suspense is what builds a story. Bram Stokers Dracula is a great example. For me the movie insidious showed too much and the fact that they had words and explanations for everything took the fun out for me. I love the glimpses of a scary face reflected in a window for a second kind of horror movie.
After saying that; it was a very entertaining movie, and I would advise other horror fans to watch it, but also warn them for the campyness of it.




Anywayz, good day all in all, worked, had a good class with 2A, came home early and knitted while watching movies. Tomorrow I have a meetup in Amsterdam with one of the TOK members. She is from the US, I'm kinda nervous but also looking forward to it

No comments:

Post a Comment