29 August 2011

Noordhollands Duinreservaat


Yesterday I went to Schoorl and went on a 12 km hike; it was stunning. That part of Holland is a reservation, and this time of the year all the heather is blooming in the most stunning array of purple.



The dark green and the light green and the purple would make for a lovely cowl...



For the first part I was almost alone and it was wonderful, I enjoy walking alone. Then a part over the beach, which was gorgeous and the sea was quite rough, so nature at its most splendid.


The return walk was less good, mostly to the fact that there were a lot of dog walking people. When I am hiking my pace is faster, and well, actually I love the still and quiet of walking alone.
Will mos def do this walk again.




Today I went shopping in Amsterdam with my mom, hardly bought anything! I came to the chilling conclusion that I don't really like people. Mom made it less harsh and together we found that there are simply too much people in certain parts of the world. Our part for sure. Less would be better, but were would you leave half the people of Holland? There are a lot of people around here.. If it is not such a nice place we will only send the unfriendly people and friendly ones can stay here. We had good laugh about that idea.. lolz.


No comments:

Post a Comment