20 November 2011

Hardnekkige mist aka Thick fog



There has been for thick fog for a week now. I love it, it makes the world look extra magical.
Today someone really nice took me to the woods for a walk in the fog and while we were there dusk was setting in. It was wonderful and I felt extra special walking in that magical landscape of greens and browns and reds and oranges. Any minute something from a fairytale could turn the corner and walk past us, or someone from another era. My mind went to stories long forgotten...

Trolls and kabouters, good witches and some bad ones. Good Fairies, but I do remember a lot of the fairies being something you had to watch out for as a kid. Not to be trusted those fae.. my dad used to say.

Leaves thick as a carpet and droplets falling on us from the trees. Mushrooms sticking out everywhere, and pretty things to look at in abundance. Looking up through trees that have lost half of their leaves, the sky shimmering above, but not really there because of the fog.

The drive home took us trough a blanket of fog and all the lights had halo's . And since people are starting to put up the holiday lights (5th of december is Sinterklaas here in Holland, lights go up early to make sure he can find our homes) the world looked like something one can only dream of. . .

Like a cocoon I could huddle up in and be in my very own dreamworld, inviting people to stay for a while, have some tea and a hug.  X

No comments:

Post a Comment